Prolific Dealer Jailed

Thomas O’Toole was sentenced to three years' imprisonment

A prolific drug dealer who orchestrated a cocaine supply network throughout Tonbridge has been jailed.

Thomas O’Toole was sentenced to three years imprisonment after mobile phone data showed he had been offering the Class A drug to more than 120 users.

A Kent Police investigation uncovered evidence of O’Toole’s operation from January 2021.

Enquiries into a suspected drugs line initially linked a phone number to an address in Trench Road, which O’Toole was known to have links to.

The line was being used to send regular marketing messages offering drugs for sale.

Scrap metal clue

On 20 April, an officer on patrol stopped O’Toole, who told the constable he was collecting waste and scrap metal as a means to earn money.

The admission proved to be important, as one of the drugs supply texts previously connected to the phone line had also been found to contain wording offering free scrap metal collection.

During the early hours of 7 May, a search warrant was then executed at O’Toole’s Audley Avenue home.

This led to recovery of the mobile phone linked to the deal line. It appeared to have been hastily dismantled an in attempt to make it inoperative.

Quantities of cocaine, cannabis and cash were also seized.

O’Toole, aged 27, was charged with being concerned in the supply of cocaine, as well as two counts of possessing drugs.

At Maidstone Crown Court he pleaded guilty and was sentenced on Thursday 15 July.

Relentless crackdown

PC James O’Gorman of the Tonbridge Community Policing Team said:
‘O’Toole is a repeat and prolific offender, who despite previous convictions and prison sentences clearly has no intention of changing his ways.'He was arrested as a result of some determined and excellent policing by local officers and ultimately this has prevented a significant amount of drugs from being distributed onto the streets.'Criminals like O’Toole wrongly believe they can operate with impunity. We are showing time and time again that the reality is that drug dealers who try and operate in our communities can expect a robust response and ultimately a prison sentence.’

More from WEST KENT NEWS

  • Bassetts Farm

    Councillors have approved the building of 120 new homes in the village of Horsmonden.

  • "Devastating" changes

    Leading Tunbridge Wells hospitality businesses have teamed up with the local MP Mike Martin to highlight cost rises which they say are "potentially ruinous".

  • Candidates Tonbridge

    The Green Party will be defending two seats in Tonbridge at the final Kent County Council elections on May 1st.

  • Candidates Tun Wells

    Most Tunbridge Wells residents will have 7 parties to choose from at the Kent County Council elections.

  • Due to Open in 2028

    Councillors have agreed on a central Tonbridge location for the replacement for the Angel Leisure Centre.

  • Vote on May 1

    Elections to Kent County Council take place next month for the last time before the authority is abolished.

  • Glare Concerns

    Sainsbury’s in Tunbridge Wells wants to install solar panels, prompting complaints from some local residents.

  • "More Efficient" Future

    Audio

    Tunbridge Wells MP Mike Martin of the Liberal Democrats has said local government changes in Kent will overall be "a good thing."

On Air Now Rayan C 8:00pm - 10:00pm
Now Playing
Jump To The Beat Stacy Lattisaw
Recently Played
  • Two Can Play At That Game Bobby Brown 20:46
  • Too Many Broken Hearts Jason Donovan 20:42
  • Too Blind To See It Kym Sims 20:38

COMING UP

  • Marion Westram

    10:00pm - 11:00pm

    West Kent Rocks

  • The Wind Down

    11:00pm - 2:00am

    The Wind Down