Police Seize £750,000 Cash

Links to Class A drugs in Kent

Two criminals with links to the supply of Class A drugs in Kent have been ordered to forfeit almost £750,000 in cash seized by police during a search warrant at their home.

The money was discovered wrapped in plastic bundles and kept in several supermarket ‘bags for life’ after officers forced entry to the property in London.

The flat in Redcliffe Street, Kensington, was searched during a proactive operation by the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, on 2 March 2021.

The cash was found in a bedroom with amounts written on individual bundles, showing how the money had been divided.  

More than 100 wraps of cocaine were also seized from the property and a nearby parked car, and two men found staying at the address were arrested. 

Milan Kosoric, 26, and Pero Mitrovic, 35, would later plead guilty at Maidstone Crown Court to money laundering offences. Kosoric also admitted a charge of possessing cocaine with intent to supply.

Forfeiture not contested

With both men remanded in custody and awaiting sentencing, Kent Police made a forfeiture application under the Proceeds of Crime Act relating to the cash seized, which totalled £745,087.

The application, which did not have to be heard before a court, was successful and not contested by either of the offenders. 

Detective Superintendent Patrick Milford, for Major Economic and Cyber Crime, said:
‘The vast amounts of cash seized were clearly indicative of an organised criminal gang operating drug supply networks into Kent and beyond.‘The significant amounts these men have now been ordered to give up again demonstrates just how important the Proceeds of Crime Act continues to be. This legislation is vital in our work to prevent criminals benefiting from their crimes and it is frequently used to claw back illegal gains long after offenders have been sentenced and even released from prison.‘Kent Police will receive a significant amount of the money forfeited through the Home Office Asset Recovery Incentivisation Scheme. This will be money which importantly can be immediately invested back into policing our communities.'

More from WEST KENT NEWS

  • Bassetts Farm

    Councillors have approved the building of 120 new homes in the village of Horsmonden.

  • "Devastating" changes

    Leading Tunbridge Wells hospitality businesses have teamed up with the local MP Mike Martin to highlight cost rises which they say are "potentially ruinous".

  • Candidates Tonbridge

    The Green Party will be defending two seats in Tonbridge at the final Kent County Council elections on May 1st.

  • Candidates Tun Wells

    Most Tunbridge Wells residents will have 7 parties to choose from at the Kent County Council elections.

  • Due to Open in 2028

    Councillors have agreed on a central Tonbridge location for the replacement for the Angel Leisure Centre.

  • Vote on May 1

    Elections to Kent County Council take place next month for the last time before the authority is abolished.

  • Glare Concerns

    Sainsbury’s in Tunbridge Wells wants to install solar panels, prompting complaints from some local residents.

  • "More Efficient" Future

    Audio

    Tunbridge Wells MP Mike Martin of the Liberal Democrats has said local government changes in Kent will overall be "a good thing."

On Air Now Chris Manser 4:00pm - 7:00pm
Now Playing
Criticize Alexander O'neal
Recently Played
  • Local Weather West Kent Radio 16:02
  • News West Kent Radio 15:59
  • The Look Of Love ABC 15:56

COMING UP

  • Victoria Scott

    7:00pm - 8:00pm

    Pure 00's sponsored by Southborough Lions

  • Rayan C

    8:00pm - 10:00pm

    Ready For The Weekend