Paddock Wood Water Supply - Part 2

Work starts on 23 July for an additional water pipeline, meaning road closures

The second phase of a £900,000 project to upgrade Paddock Wood’s water supply gets underway next month.

Drinking water supplier South East Water is returning to continue laying more than one kilometre of new pipeline in the area, after it laid the first 180 metres earlier in the year.

With work beginning on Tuesday 23 July, Gedges Hill and Chantler’s Hill will need to be closed for the safety of the public and the company’s workforce.

Jeremy Dufour, project manager for South East Water, said: “This vital project will ensure we can continue to supply top quality drinking water and maintain pressure to existing customers as the community grows.

“We know road closures are disruptive and frustrating and they are a last resort. We’re aiming to complete the second and final phase of the project within the school summer holidays. To minimise disruption further, our team will be working extended hours, from 7.00am to 7.00pm during the week, and between 8.00am and 4.00pm on Saturdays.”

To keep up to date with progress, there is a dedicated webpage at southeastwater.co.uk/gedgeshill, where a map detailing the diversion route can also be found.

Jeremy continued: “We’d like to thank the community for their patience during phase one of the project, which was completed during the school Easter holidays, and for their ongoing support while we carry out this vital work to ensure we can continue supplying top quality drinking water.”

Source: South East Water

More from WEST KENT NEWS

  • Bassetts Farm

    Councillors have approved the building of 120 new homes in the village of Horsmonden.

  • "Devastating" changes

    Leading Tunbridge Wells hospitality businesses have teamed up with the local MP Mike Martin to highlight cost rises which they say are "potentially ruinous".

  • Candidates Tonbridge

    The Green Party will be defending two seats in Tonbridge at the final Kent County Council elections on May 1st.

  • Candidates Tun Wells

    Most Tunbridge Wells residents will have 7 parties to choose from at the Kent County Council elections.

  • Due to Open in 2028

    Councillors have agreed on a central Tonbridge location for the replacement for the Angel Leisure Centre.

  • Vote on May 1

    Elections to Kent County Council take place next month for the last time before the authority is abolished.

  • Glare Concerns

    Sainsbury’s in Tunbridge Wells wants to install solar panels, prompting complaints from some local residents.

  • "More Efficient" Future

    Audio

    Tunbridge Wells MP Mike Martin of the Liberal Democrats has said local government changes in Kent will overall be "a good thing."

On Air Now Rayan C 8:00pm - 10:00pm
Now Playing
Red Alert Basement Jaxx
Recently Played
  • Jump To The Beat Stacy Lattisaw 20:49
  • Two Can Play At That Game Bobby Brown 20:46
  • Too Many Broken Hearts Jason Donovan 20:42

COMING UP

  • Marion Westram

    10:00pm - 11:00pm

    West Kent Rocks

  • The Wind Down

    11:00pm - 2:00am

    The Wind Down